Michelle McQuaid is a best-selling author, workplace wellbeing teacher and playful change activator.
She fuses the latest science from positive psychology and neurobiology with over a decade of business leadership experience to bring you simple, tested actions to reduce stress and anxiety, cultivate a lasting sense of wellbeing and happiness, and become an exceptional leader.
An honorary fellow at Melbourne University’s Graduate School of Education, her work has been featured in Forbes, the Harvard Business Review, the Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Boss Magazine, The Age, Women’s Agenda, Wellbeing Magazine and more.
She holds a Masters in Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, where she studied alongside the field’s founder Professor Martin Seligman, and is currently completing her PhD in Appreciative Inquiry under the supervision of Professor David Cooperrider.
Michelle lives to help people discover their strengths, move beyond their fears, and finally discover what it truly takes to flourish with confidence.
In this episode, Dr. Matthew Norton speaks with Michelle McQuaid about:
- How a Positive Psychology class at Harvard at Class changed the way Michelle looked at flourishing
- The difference between functioning and flourishing
- 5 elements present in a flourishing life
- 3 additional understands that Michelle experienced in her journey
- Understanding the hedonic treadmill, and how it is actually a good thing
- Why we don’t make the changes we need to in order to make the shift
- The value of understanding your unique strengths
- The advantage of strengths based development
- …and much more!
Don’t forget to stick around after the interview for the Mindfluence Revolution Success Challenge of the Week!
You can connect with Michelle McQuaid on her site:
Mentioned in the Show:
Did you enjoy the show? Let us know in the comments section below and share with others who might enjoy as well!
We would also be grateful for a rating & review in iTunes – it will help others find this great content!